Thank you for coming to our first meeting of the semester! Please read on for club updates.
- Scholarships: Due Feb 1
- For all listed, you must be a dues-paid member
- OSU Circle K Alumni Society Scholarship
- Contact Yu Ning Shiu.15 for club stats
- Info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6ckvn2v9PmH_rBG4sYuNwg0Dk3sYDD0/view?usp=sharing
- Circle K International Scholarships
- Needs a letter of recommendation
- Info: https://www.kiwanis.org/childrens-fund/grants/scholarship-opportunities#circlek
- NOTE: another opportunity will be released by the District tomorrow and will be announced at next week’s meeting
- In this week’s meeting, we did some service, with blanket-making and Instant Wild virtual volunteering.
- We also learned about opportunities to visit Disneyland/Disney World in 2023. We are hoping to take a club trip to Disney World over Spring Break 2023. The total cost per person is estimated to be around $1,300 without assistance from club funds. The other option is going to Disneyland in conjunction with CKI International Convention over the summer of 2023. This trip would help us justify costs, so it would likely be cheaper per person. Please fill out the Disney Interest form in your email help us gauge interest for how much we should raise by the time of the trip.
- All our sign-ups for this week are in the form in your email, so please be sure to fill it out by Wednesday, January 12 (even if you cannot attend the events)
- Don’t worry about how to get to these events! You can indicate whether or not you need a ride in the sign-up form.
- Kiwanis meeting at 6:30 PM on Wednesday, January 12 on Zoom
- Special Olympics from 9 AM-12:30 PM or 12:30 PM-4 PM on Saturday, January 15
- Upper Arlington HS
- Meals on Wheels from 10:30 AM-1 PM on Sunday, January 15
- MLK Day of Service is now contactless
- Register online to pick up fleece blankets January 20-21
- Spring Involvement Fair is online from January 17-31
- 6-7 PM on Sunday, January 9 on Zoom
- We talked about the Vizer app earlier this year. You can donate a meal for every 10,000 steps you take in a day!
- Learn more about this app at https://www.vizerapp.com/how-vizer-works
- Submit your December service hours at the form in your email.
- Red Cross Individual Volunteer:
- Leadership Opportunities:
- We are looking for members to join the Membership Committee
- Please see the events page of our website for the schedule of events for the spring: https://osucirclek.org/events/
- Together as Buckeyes Grant: If you need any financial assistance due to a hardship from COVID-19, please see the following grant information here.
- Please fill out a contact form if you are interested in receiving club information.