Thank you for coming this week. Please read on for our club updates:
- Dinner with 12 Buckeyes: Thanks to those who were able to attend this fantastic networking event! Our Kiwanians shared wonderful advice about school, professional journeys, and life. We hope you can attend future networking events with our Kiwanians.
- Kiwanis Meeting: There was great information shared about the workings of C-SPAN, which is a very wide reaching company whose goal is to provide transparent news stories.
Meeting Activity: DCON Prep, Nominations, and Valentine’s Day Social
- We took our roll call video to introduce the OSU club for DCON.
- The following people have accepted nominations so far for elected positions for 2021-22:
- President: Vivian Corey
- Vice President: Matthew Ayers
- Treasurer: Rithvik Turaga, Caitlin Cimino
- Secretary: Fatima Mahmood, Yu Ning Shiu
- Bulletin Editor: no nominees at this time
- We played a Valentine’s Day Kahoot.
- Elections: Elections will be held at our next meeting at 6pm on Sunday, February 21. You will give a short speech for the position you are running for before we vote and can re-run for a lower position if you do not get selected for your highest choice. Please try and make it to this meeting to vote for next year’s officers.
- CHA Project: If you are interested in working on another asynchronous project with Children’s Hunger Alliance, please sign up via the link in your email to set up an introductory Zoom meeting about the project.
- District Convention: DCON this year is February 26-28! This is a great event for networking, professional development, and service with members of the K-family. Find more information at this link, and register here by Wednesday, February 17.
- If you know you need financial assistance to cover the registration fee, please contact Matthew Ayers.243 because there are several District scholarships that could help out.
- Kiwanis Meeting: Join University Kiwanis for their next meeting at 7pm on Wednesday, February 17.
- Zoom link
- ID: 833 2050 2373
- Password: 164079
- 6pm on Sunday, February 21
- Zoom link: go.osu.edu/cki
- Meals on Wheels: Contact Austin Underwood.291 if you would like to deliver meals to the community at 10am on Sundays.
- Please fill out a contact form if you are interested in receiving club information.